G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a source for good white led's to use for my K-28. I understand that there are a variety of 'white' leds and while I want bright, I also want a realistic white, not the bluish white you get from the super-bright ones. Does anyone have a good source for 'daylight' or 'warm' white led's?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Joel,
For a "custom" colour, you can use some RGB LEDs and adjust the curent through each colour using resistors to achieve the hue you want. I'll bring a sample or two at Mark's on the 13th.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Thanks for the link Carl, I was just looking for some LEDs and micro bulbs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
For a "custom" colour, you can use some RGB LEDs and adjust the current through each colour using resistors to achieve the hue you want.

Check out whether the unavoidable colour fringes are noticeable. David, England

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Carl,

Thanks mucho. This is exactly what I was looking for. Great source to have bookmarked! I just ordered the headlight and some 1.5mm incand. for the running lamps. Just in time for Marks night runs on the Christmas layout.

Joel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Richmond Controls offers two color temperature LEDs specifically designed for railroad headlights. The 'golden white' is great for an older incandescent lamp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts