G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I buy switch controllers for Aristocraft remote switches? I have the switch motors but I need the slide/push button selector that activates the switch.
I can't find them listed anywhere. Thanks for any help.
Jim

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jim,

I talked to Lewis Polk at the SELSTS and he said they are coming out with a new water resistant remote switch motor in a couple of months. You may want to wait until the new one comes out.

John

·
Super Modulator
21,008 Posts
This may not help much, but you can hook up LGB ones easily, and they are more weather-resistant.

I have gone all air powered.

Regards, Greg

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Or out of DPDT switches.

·
Premium Member
3,995 Posts
You can just use SPDT momentary switches and a pair of diodes with an 18 volt 500 milliamp AC transformer.

A perfect transforme/power source is the old 7 VA unit from the early LGB sets with an AC output.

For better response on the EPL drives, I added the LGB booster.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I asked the same question a year ago WHOLESALE TRAINS SELLS THEM FOR 18 DOLLARS ALSO TRY RIDGE ROAD STATION THEY HAVE THEM FOR 12.99 BUT CANT KEEP THEM IN STOCK. 
I live in rainy florida and called ARISTOCRAFT ABOUT THE PROBLEM WITH MOISTURE IN THE SWITCH CONTROLLERS. I WAS TOLD BY THEM THAT I SHOULD RUBBER CEMENT THE BOARD INSIDE.

I THOUGHT HE WAS NUTS BUT I TRIED IT AVOIDING ALL WIRE CONTACTS BUT SMOTHERED ALL COMPONENTS ON BOTH SIDES WITH RUBBER CEMENT IT WORKS. IT IS NON CONDUCTIVE I HOPE THIS HELPS 
THE REMOTE SWITCH CONTROLLERS ARE IDENTICAL TO THE MANUAL ONE SO  THEY FIT GREAT AND COME WITH A MANUEL SWITCH ACTUATOR WITH THEM SO THEY DO WORK WITHOUT POWER IF NECESSARY .ITS GOOD EXERSIZE HA HA

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Yup! Rubber Cement is Lewis' favorite cure for moisture problems. You'll be amazed what you can fix with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts