G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI...I Received a message stating the BLU-4408 - Soundtraxx Blunami for Large Scale - will be available 1st quarter 2023, though I have found nothing further. Anyone have more info?

· Registered
169 Posts
Is there a reason for 24 volts being the max voltage? The Lenz and Zimo systems can output a 'rider' pulse thus placing more than 24 volts on the track. My Zimo MX1 outputs 25 volts to the track and the MX10 outputs 24 volts. And yes these are real as my MX10 power supply is 30 volts. I know the NMRA DCC spec is 22 volts but the DC spec is 27 volts. So, I am a little confused why the European mfg go higher than the US mfg DCC max voltage.

· Super Modulator
22,734 Posts
Yep, based on BlueRail, small system that runs DCC decoders from a small receiver/booster and the throttle is an app on a cell phone.

Yes, and the NMRA DCC spec is not 22 volts, you need to look at the NMRA site... I mentioned this before...

Greg

· Super Modulator
22,734 Posts
So your pal is GOING to use them, right? OK, that helps, since there were a few in a pilot run and then immediate parts shortage.

Thanks, was thinking I was missing something, I have somewhat of a back door involvement in this.

Greg

· Super Modulator
22,734 Posts
Several of the people directly involved in BlueRail are here in San Diego, no big deal, just heard that SoundTraxx announced the product and there was a "chip shortage" that makes it impossible to fulfill the orders placed.

No more no less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts