G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a photo-link test and some shots that I took over the weekend at Allaire Park with my nephew.

BTW thats a 2-8-0 Quincy and Torch Lake rusting away.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Jason,
Nice photos

Before I read the text part of your post I saw the picture of the Quincy & Torch Lake and said to my self "I know that loco". It seems like everything at Allaire is rusting away. That place is run on a rag tag budget, if you even call it that. I donated abit of lumber for the two passenger cars they are converting to handi cap access 4-5 years ago. It is a shame they are in the same condition that they where then. Fro such a small place Allaire is full of a little history from it seems like everywhere.
Do you know where the snow plow came from that is sitting next to the shop? I could never seem to identify it.

Glen
Lakewood NJ

·
Registered
983 Posts
Nice shots Jason: Its nice to see other from NJ. I live in Sussex County by High Point. I actually work for the state park service over at Stokes SF and high Point state park. I have been to Allaire many times for training etc... I always walk around the railroad during breaks. Its too bad whenever I have training its during the off season when the RR is closed. Its a cool place to check out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts