G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All;

A few weeks ago, a train friend told me that today, 11/18/11, is "Bring Your Train to Work" Day. I think it's actually promoted through Model Railroader but not an official national day. Anyway, since I have large scale trains and a very small desk, I took this:

Your turn,
David Meashey

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
I used to take a train to work on "Take a Train to Work" day, but one time I just left it on my overshelf and made every day, "Have a Train at Work" day... then I decided there should be a "Stay at Home with Your Train" day, and I have been celebrating that day ever since... matter of fact, EVERY DAY is now "Stay at Home with Your Train" day for me, just like everyday is Saturday for me now that I am retired.

I like your Beetle Highrailer! Nice!

·
Registered
197 Posts
30 years ago, a friend of mine gave me a pewter belt bucle of a Pacific. It is my belt of preference, at least until I put on a little weight, then the stack rubs my hangover. So most days, I have a train at work. I am envious of the week of Saturdays. That will be my next goal.

Fil

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pete;

It's a 1:24 dicast model. I used the small Aristo Craft tender wheels for the auto, and fabricated a coupler pocket from Plastruct square tubular stock. The speeder trailer is an old Roundhouse offering that is powered. It uses an Athearn HO motor, so I have to keep the voltage low. Not a problem, as the vehicle would probably be kept below 35 mph anyway.

Yours,
David Meashey

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Dave,
you could have posted this *before* today! ;)
I might have brought something into work today..but I was already at work by the time I knew today
was "bring your train to work" day! ;)

Scot

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scott;

Sorry, the holiday rush has already hit me: preparing for choir & bell choir music, selecting trains to run at the NRHS holiday party, working Saturdays at the LHS as extra help for the season, and getting ready to decorate and send out cards. I had to write myself a note yesterday, so I'd remember to take my own stuff to work today.

Anybody know whether this gets posted in Garden Railways? That probably would help more of us big train folks.

Yours,
David Meashey

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
I really don't go to work any more.

So I stayed home and working on my layout

Worked on my Car Barns Made of STEEL In honor of John Henry The Steel Driving Man.

JJ

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I moved "Bring a Train To Work Day" up to Thurseday due to many taking Fridays off because of furlough days. I brought in a Z scale Marklin 2-8-0 set running, a N scale Bachmann Alaska passenger set running, a 1.20.3 Bachmann Hiesler, and a 1.20.3 Bachmann Climax with a QSI Magnum board running on rollers. I had about 25 co-workers stop by, all generations with positive feed back. Many liked the G scale stuff the most. The sound was a big draw.
I tried to point out the technological advancements, imagination & creativity, gardening, mechanical aspects, and family involvement which make model railroading fun.

Thanks
Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts