G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pleasantly surprised when I saw some of the white stuff on the ground this morning and immediately thought - plow train

First sequence through the woods

Next sequence along the stream

Sequence #3; up the hill...

Finally back to the engine house...

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Jees! And was 83 here in Burbank today. A couple of us even went swimming.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Very nice Dan. Good luck clearing the line today. I looked out today and my station is 100% buried in snow!

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Thanks for these - unfortunately, in Marblehead (north of Boston) the snow is about three times the height of my Accucraft Shay. Is anyone else desperate for spring? Doesn't help that my wife and her girlfriends are on their annual junket to St. John right now, where the temp is approx 85.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind comments. The 3 cylinder shay is my favorite for plowing, it craws along real slow and has plenty of weight and power.

What a difference a day makes, we have a good 12 inches on the ground today. Below are some shots from the same locations. RR operations will be suspended until I can break out the rotary plow or mother nature takes it's course....

Through the woods, - trees and cabins are under the snow...

Up the hill past the lumber mill

Along the stream

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Except for an icy patch, my track was clean yesterday. Today, it's not the snow keeping me in, it's the bitter wind blowing it around. And 13 degrees, minus the wind chill.

Nice pictures, Dan.

Larry

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Dan these are more from yesterday before the heavy snow fall came.

And then a few from your raised layout.

These were taken while you were working on your Royal Hudson.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for posting more pics George

"These were taken while you were working on your Royal Hudson."
I noticed there are none of my Hudson; I worked on remedying the problem with the fitting last night, if this does not work I will get a new one from Cliff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts