G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We do not have a lot of snow in England, and the usual result is that Chaos ensuses. Our councils do not spend anything like the amount that you in the USA have to spend, so that jsu ensures that Chaos will regien for a while as they cannot cope with the present amounts (in the south the most for 18 years)

Even more so wiith the present amounts, which is a present from Russia, and landed first in Southern England: that needless to say created major Chaos, with for instance up to 53 miles of jams on the London Orbital Freeway, Heathrow airport shut as a plane skidded off the taxiway (no one hurt, but a red faced pilot!), and such like.

Here 200 miles north, we did not have as much as the south (who had 4" plus), but the small hamlet of Sycamore creek has had a major fall!

There will be no customers for a while as it is up to the top of the doors at the saloon and post office, which new lying snow from episode two of the snowfalls, with more promised

The intrepid cameraman ventured out for about a minuite then wisely retreated back inside to the warmth after taking a couple of photos -

All is quier at the depot, and the boiler shop

the snowed up hamlet of Syacamore Creek

Nothing like what the USA can and does (and has been )'dishing out', but a liot for us!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I have to agree with you on the effects. I was in London in Feb 2007 when it snowed 6". I was trying to take the train from Gatwick to Victoria Station downtown. Everything was messed up. It was like they had never seen snow before. The trains were all backed up and running late. We did a start and stop all the way to downtown. Interesting that you leave your buildings out. Most people seem to take them in. Personally, I leave mine out all year. The biggest contributor to their deterioration here in Houston is the sun and the summer heat.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Bet you weren't figuring on getting pictures like that on your layout, two months ago. They were just showing pictures on our news here about the event.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Very seldom do we get snow but I did invest in a plow for just a certain time like yours, that could show up. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Beautiful little town.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
That snow looks fanastic, we all wish we were there. We just had a week of 40 C to 45C (104F - 111F) and there's more on the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts