G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a youtube of our first steam up together since our Covid lockdowns so four of us got out some engines that haven't been run a while for a sunny days steaming on my layout. You may remember my earlier video post a few months ago with my French 1:32 scale train and buildings, now this is the same layout and depot area but now with buildings changed to D&RGW 1:20 scale. In this video there is a variety of visiting loco's of varied prototypes and different scales (from 1:20.3 to 7/8ths) with my D&RGW C-16 hauling an MoW work train near the end.
I hope you all find it entertaining and put up with my shaky camera work.
Russell

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
Thanks Russell.
Must be nice to have summer steamups again.
There must be something about Aussie loggers, as they seem to be able to stack their logs all in the identical way!
Is that crane in the depot new?
i don't remember seeing it before.
Who made it?
All the best,
David Leech, Delta, Canada

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi David, yes Summer down here for us with 30 c plus heat starting now and you're right must be "special" plantation logs all genetically the same and stacked the same. It does look strange using a Darjeeling Garratt and Dolgoch on log train duties but it was a run-what-ya-brung event with shared rolling stock amongst the visitors who didn't want to pull any D&RGW stock.
That crane I have had a while and it's not as noticeable in my previous video and it's actually an early Pola product long gone out of manufacture but a good size to go well with either 1:32 scale and also 1:20.3 scale.
Russell

·
Registered
35 Posts
All those looked really nice and fun.
Even the little guys looked great.
C19 is stunning.

The Camera man did good.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the camera man compliment Preprius, and the C-16 is a great loco, one of Accucraft's first early models and they run really well. They made many C-16 variations but I don't see them around anymore on video's or stills on any forums around the world now.
Russell

1 - 6 of 6 Posts