G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be taking the site down this Saturday night at around 10 PM Mountain time to perform maintenance. This will be the first step in the process that should resolve a lot of the issues we've been seeing. The downtime will be the longest of all the downtimes that I have planned. It will probably last all night. I'm doing a complete rebuild of the underlying server hardware and reinstalling the base operating system. This will not resolve the problems immediately, as there are other changes that have to happen, but it should help a little. I will be making additional changes and will have more downtimes over the next few weeks.

Thanks, for your patience.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Patience?

Nope, Don't have any of that left

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
I just hope that one of the fixes is getting the posts to appear in order.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
If I had patients, I'd be a doctor!

I think I'll panic now and avoid the rush!

Have at it Shad... don't stay up toooooo late!

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
A hardware rebuild + OS re-install implies a rollback strategy could (should) be available just in case Hobo Murphy is hanging around at the station too.

Courage & cheers.

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.
We are all behind you, rooting for success.

John

·
Junior Senior Member
566 Posts
Thank you for the early notification. it helps. Hope your night is not terribly stressful.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
A night w/o MLS,, not sure I can handle it. OH!!!! I will be sleeping, dreaming of MLS.....

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Better take enough time on Sunday off and enjoy the Daytona 500
Later RJD

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Hum.. I see we lost our logo & signature somewhere to.. Now put in Rio feather for temp logo.. wait and see what happens after Shads fixeds.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts