G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Click on 'My Profile' on the top right hand corner of the forums.  On that page near the bottom, there is a link to edit your profile.  Set up your signature there.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Posted By altterrain on 01/02/2008 12:33 AM
Is there a change in the formatting of signatures? I noticed Kevin's is not working either.

-Brian

I'm still tweaking with the old forum code..  The new forum uses HTML by default and not the forum code.  I'm working on it.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Perhaps I'll wait to edit mine till you get things settled out a bit.

Well, ok: I'm an impatient brat/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
If you had a signature before, it does not automatically transfer over to the new forum.
but you can go back to the old forum and grab it.

go back to the old forum here:

archive.mylargescale.com/forum

go to your profile..your old Sig code is still there.
go to your new profile here, paste it back in..

my "left" code didnt work, so I had to tweak it a bit..
but if you did it before, you can figure it out here..its not hard.

Scot

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Posted By smcgill on 01/02/2008 8:31 AM
Can you give us the link (how to set up Signatures) for new bee's

click on your username over in the left column, that opens your "profile page"

click on "edit profile"

under "signature" you can enter text and code..

if you want a "signature photo" you have to have it uploaded somewhere..

shad probably has a image size limit for the sig pic..(it should be small! ;)

im not sure if has posted new rules about that yet..

Scot

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
hmmm..thats another quirk..
when you click on "quote" where do you enter your reply so that you arent typing IN the quote??
my whole reply above shows as a quote..thats not right.

quote tags should show up..they dont.

Scot

·
Senior JOAT
736 Posts
Just make sure you go to the right profile.

I went to Members -> Edit profile.   This is a lot different than clicking on "My Profile".  

I'm not sure why there are multiples.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hmmm...... Tried my old sig. Doesn't work. Tried just the image with img tags. Doesn't work. Tried just the url for the jpg file. Doesn't work!

-Brian

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Just make sure you go to the right profile.

I spent a while looking around "My Account" instead of "My Profile"...

I'm guessing there's an 'internal profile' with your actual address, etc., that isn't visible to anyone except you and Shad, plus an 'external profile' which is the data shown when you click on a member's name.

·
Senior JOAT
736 Posts
I think you're right, Pete.

There seems to be some overuse of "profile".  You get to "My Account" by going to "Members" --> "Edit Your Profile".   From there,  you get to "User Account", where one can "Manage profile".    

The "correct" way is to click on "My Profile", then choose the highlight "Edit Profile"  which sends you to the "correct" place to edit a signature.

Confused?
[*]If you want to change your signature, choose "My Profile". [*]If you want to change your name or password, choose "Edit Your Profile" [/list]

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To add your signature to your profile you go to "My Profile" in the upper right corner.  After you open it you go to "Edit Profile".  Then in the signature block you can add your profile info.  Enter...[*img] http://mylargescale.com/JimFrancis/Francislogos.gif[*img].  Leaving the asterisk out on yours.  You cannot use
or [color], it doesn't work.  You can use [*b] for text.  Be sure to click "Update Profile".  If you did it right you get an indication in red that you successfully completed your profile.

Becky ​

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I used html and put:

img src="the url" align="left"

inside html tag characters < and >

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
To add your signature to your profile you go to "My Profile" in the upper right corner.  After you open it you go to "Edit Profile".  Then in the signature block you can add your profile info.  Enter...[*img] http://mylargescale.com/JimFrancis/Francislogos.gif[*img].  Leaving the asterisk out on yours.  You cannot use
or [color], it doesn't work.  You can use [*b] for text.  Be sure to click "Update Profile".  If you did it right you get an indication in red that you successfully completed your profile.

To center an image, do what Torby says and use HTML...

< img$src="ImageURL"$align=center > (align=left and align=right also work - remove spaces shown and replace $ WITH space)

To center text, use "" instead of "[" and "]"​

1 - 20 of 74 Posts