G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Where can I buy sievert. I no Sulphur springs has them but they are out of business. Any other dealers around.
Dave

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Tom and Diane at Sulphur Springs are not quite out of business. Just very slowed down. Give them a call. Talk to Diane since Tom has great difficulty speaking and remembering things after the stroke. I got my Sievert from them about a year ago. Love it! It really puts out the BTU's.
Their number is 573-898-3040 M-F 4 PM-8PM CST Tell Diane Noel sent you. She will understand
Noel

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all,
I contacted Diane about 6 weeks ago. She had the torches and was going to send me some info. Never recieved the info and have been unable to contact since. I have tried telephone and email, no response. I have done business with them before and would really like to continue but I have to get a torch.
Carl thanks for that idea. I'll try.

thanks all

Dave Barker

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Gerald: I use a #2942 tip. It easily silver solders a 2" copper pipe at about 2/3 throttle. I've used it up to 2.5" pipe.

Sievert torches are the very best and well worth the cost.

Take care, Bob

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Bruce, I finally got hold of Diane at Sulfur Springs and ordered equipment from her. I'm about to order a lathe and mill from Grizzly and then off to build Kozo's new shay.

again thanks

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts