G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice day shaping up in the hoosierland. Doc Pfizer decided to make the best of it and take one of Jim's girls shroom hunting.....

They did not find any morels (or morals) but did spot witch shirley's patch. Damn ole witch was standing guard.

Craig

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Shrooms are getting hard to find. I know we have a lot of mus's up here and every one is missing its shroom! We take solace however in ol' Doc Pfizer's elixer. [:)] [:D] I'm sure there's a morel to this....

G

·
with his type of political campains, Doc Pfitzer will not be elected within the next 19 years...
producing voters one by one can't be That efficient

·
Registered
766 Posts
Mushroom hunting in the UK is a non starter... Here we have a small array of species that are very lethal. The difference between a "Shaggy Cap" and a "Death Cap" -is that vanes are slightly different colour. I have thought about the "pegs" with spores on them such as "chicken of the woods" and the like -but any fungi that normally grows around my plants gets hit with the blow torch.

regards

ralph

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
One does need to be careful, though the "Morell" mushroom is pretty distinctive. There are some that look like it, but they're good eating too. Some say the "False Morell" is deadly, but it's not. I can't remember this morning what Susan calls it. There are a couple other varieties she likes that some people are afraid of.

Susan, Caleb and Ethan love them. They're ok, but in my mind, the walk in the woods is the best part of mushroom hunting.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
One MUST know the local mushroom types. A group of Vietnamese here went mushroom hunting and found what looked like the kind they had in Vietnam, but several people got very sick and a couple died after they ate them. This helped to create a program of familiarizing immigrants with local flora and fauna (as well as trespass, hunting and fishing, and other laws) so it would not happen again.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our Doc Pfizer and Jim's madam, Mayelin were out for a ride and the good Doc scored! He was sure he was gonna have to import Morels this year. Yeah, I know, he is a little short of morals too.....
He was taking a short cut through the grasslands on his way to the Post Office and there it was in the middle of nowhere.
June 14, 2008
" border=0>

Craig

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL!!! I don't know Richard..... that shroom does not look like anything I would try..... But Doc does have a crazy Florida Seminole working for him that will try anything.....

Craig

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Hi all,
We have had a lot of rain this year in NH. The crew just came in from the Bow Junction water tank with a story that would go along with all the rain. didn;t believe them until I saw the picture.

Anyone know what type and is it edible??

Dave Barker NHGRS

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Yeah Dave;

I can identify it. It's a Pseudoshroom Cellulosicus. It is not poisonous, but only beavers can eat the bark, and only termites can eat the flesh. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

It would probably make a good source for fiber in one's diet, but it would have to be ground into sawdust and mixed into a large batch of whole wheat bread dough before humans could consume it. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif Guess it should also be steralized first.

Nice photo.

Yours,
David Meashey

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks kinda woody to me..... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

If you put it in a smoker do you get a shroom flavor to your meat? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

And if you inhale the smoke do you take a little trip? :cool:

Craig

1 - 15 of 15 Posts