G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Selecting type faces

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Don Howard 
#1 ·
Now that the rich text editor is disabled, I cannot use the Comic Sans type face. I find that I remember the codes for posting pictures; but, I'm at a loss for calling up Comic Sans. Can one of you folks tell me what the codes are to bring up my favorite type face?

Llyn

#2 ·
I don't mean to offend, but I find the Comic Sans really hard to read. I am kinda glad that it is difficult/near impossible to change the colors and font sizes and font types. I can finally READ what a lot of folk are posting... now if we could just get a few of the folk to use punctuation.

#4 ·
Thanks, Steve.

With that hint, I was even able to figure out how to adjust the type size.

As far as type face choice goes, Charles, I guess it's just a matter of preference. I find the Comic Sans font much easier to read than the default type face.

Llyn

#5 ·
Posted By llynrice on 04/03/2008 9:06 AM

«snip...» With that hint, I was even able to figure out how to adjust the type size. «snip...»
Llyn

Sorry, didn't realize that you also wanted the size capability, but glad you got it working for you anyway.

Just a FYI, you can combine the face & size attributes into the same opening tag, like so...

Your text here

Note, that numbers are used instead of names, the default selection in the editor is small...the following are examples of size change
(no size change below, browser configured to ignore specified fonts?)

this is a test, 1 = xx-small
this is a test, 2 = x-small
this is a test, 3 = small
this is a test, 4 = medium
this is a test, 5 = large
this is a test, 6 = x-large
this is a test, 7 = xx-large

#6 ·
At the time I posed my question, I had fogotten to ask about size. Thanks for responding and showing that type face and size can be combined in one command string. Also, I found that size="small" works just fine.

Llyn

#7 ·
Llyn

I think if you check it out, the reason that it seems to be working is you just happen to have selected the default size that the editor uses.

So what is happening is the size attribute 'size="small"' is just being ignored, so in reality you can just leave it out and get the same thing.

If you feel like it try using the words medium and/or large for the size value, and then the numeral values 4 & 5 respectively and you'll see what I mean. Just make sure that your browser isn't set to ignore the incoming specified fonts or you won't see any change.

#10 ·
A note of caution:

Whatever font you elect will not determine it's appearance to all readers. Comic Sans MS, while readily available on many systems, is not a required font on all systems. If you specify an unusual font, what the reader will see is the default font for his browser.

Here's an example:
What do you see here?

#11 ·
A note of caution:
Whatever font you elect will not determine it's appearance to all readers. Comic Sans MS, while readily available on many systems, is not a required font on all systems. If you specify an unusual font, what the reader will see is the default font for his browser.
Here's an example:
What do you see here?

Yes, I used a different font in the first example.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.