21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Dwight,
there are "additional folders beyond that"..if you have created them! ;)
I have a ton of individual folders inside my MLS space, as does Pete.

Pete was saying he wanted a way to search *all* of his images at once,
even the ones inside folders, without having to open up each individual folder.

unfortunately I didnt think to try using FTP to search the whole collection!
and now im at work again, and FTP is at home..
I will try to remember it tonight or this weekend..

Scot

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Also..I cant log in using the link Dwight just provided..
Its the FTP log-in..which is a different way to log in than this one:

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/

I must have a different password for MLS FTP versus the "regular forum password"..
I dont know what my FTP password is..I will have to dig it out of the FTP program, its saved there.

Scot

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
Scot - what I meant by "extra folders" is that they are not used in the login URL. Example:

ftp://1stclass.mylargescale.com - NOT - ftp://1stclass.mylargescale.com/foldername

Using ftp://1stclass.mylargescale.com, you are directed to the root directory of your folder by the login username. From there you can search everything or navigate to a specific folder. Besides, I'm unsure the login will work if one includes /foldername in the login URL.

As for passwords, I seem to have a vague dusty memory of people being given the option by Shad of using a different password for the FTP way back when... but maybe that was only a dream. ;) Can't recollect it with any clarity now. All I know for sure is that my normal MLS password works for me. :)

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Pete... the login is ftp://1stclass.mylargescale.com - that's it. No additional folders beyond that.

Your username should be [email protected]

Password should be your normal MLS login password.

Is that what you're using?
Aha -No, that isn't what I am using. My Username is Pete Thornton. so I was using "petethornton" not "[email protected]". I was aiso using gold.mylargescale.com (some of us old-timers don't keep up with the times, you know.)

The enlarged login, which I don't remember using 5 years ago, didn't reject me completely. But I got a "This page can't be displayed" and it is still spinning. Guess I'll try CuteFTP, which will tell me a bit more about what's going on.

OK ! Got in with CuteFTP. IE is still spinning. . . And Ctrl-F work through all files and folders in CuteFTP (so you were right, Scot ;-). Found the file I had lost immediatly.

Thanks Dwight. I should have realised the need for the @.. in the first email you posted.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts