G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of the folks here are also members of the SE (7/8ths) Lounge. I cannot access the Lounge. Microsoft keeps giving an errormessage of page not found. Any of the rest of you having the same issue. How about you Carl W.?
Noel

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi

i have the same problem i was able to post yesterday but not know
i tried the link in model making i think that has can fn2 or fn3
to run on HO track click on that an i might get you through but
i tried it again an got the little message an just says aborted.

sincerely

Casey Wilmunder

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Noel,
I get to it okay at: http://www.7-8ths.info/
I did notice this morning that if you have checked the box to stay logged in all the time or more than the default, it won't accept it. I erased the cookie and got in. I suppose they are having a problem at the moment.

and I get to one of the sub groups at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/7-8InchScaleTrains/

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
They had updated the header and background on the forum. Internet Explorer users were having major problems with it. Firefox users never noticed. It has since been changed back to the old one.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks All,
I was not having a problem with the new header and microsoft until Ferd changed everything back.
Carl, I can't get in with your way either. Will try to go in and delete all my cookies and see what happens.
Noel

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi

i clered all my cokies an im able to look at the forum
then when i log in for 60 mins it goes back cant open page.
i think i will start a new account an see what happens.

sincerely

Casey Wilmunder

·
Registered
38 Posts
Me too. I had no problems until either last night or this morning. Internet Explorer was able to access with the new headers, but not now. I hope it gets fixed soon.
Bob/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Guys, be sure to clear out your cache as well as your cookies as that is the bulk of your stored/saved information.

I don't like plugging products, but if this doesn't work out, go to www.mozilla.org and download either Firefox 3 or 2.xx, you will be surprised at how superior it is to Mr Bill's web browser.

I've got no problems logging in to the site, so I'm going to go with Cale and say it's your browser.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Posted By rbednarik on 07/09/2008 7:46 PM
Guys, be sure to clear out your cache as well as your cookies as that is the bulk of your stored/saved information.

I don't like plugging products, but if this doesn't work out, go to www.mozilla.org and download either Firefox 3 or 2.xx, you will be surprised at how superior it is to Mr Bill's web browser.

I've got no problems logging in to the site, so I'm going to go with Cale and say it's your browser.

Ryan, I don't agree with your assessment of Firefox v Explorer. I admit I'm biased (I work for Microsoft!) but the issue is if you take an old version of IE which is riddled with add-ons, cookies, spyware and viruses and replace it with a fresh, 'vanilla' version of Firefox, it is not suprising that you get a better result initially. You would get the same effect if you download the latest version of Explorer (IE 7). Our (Microsoft) challenge is that the industry wants an open browser into which they want to plug all sorts of add-ons over which we have absolutely no control - most people would be shocked to find out how much stuff sits in their browser which is absolutely nothing to do with Microsoft but for which we take the blame! (By the way, if we try to tighten the security model to stop this stuff getting into the browser in the first place, we get accused of big bully tactics....)

I'll probably get flamed for these comments but Microsoft (indirectly) funds my steam addiction, so I care!

Robert

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Robert,

I don't disagree with you at all, but since quite a lot of users of this site are...well, not exactly with the comupter age and/or lack the know how to care/feed for their computer, their browsers are quite outdated and slow, like you said.

I do like IE7 alot as it is a vast improvement in bringing everything closer ot a user-friendly standard, but for me, because I switch between Mac and XP interfaces quite regularly, Firefox is the perfect medium (nothing changes between the two systems), so I guess I am a bit biased towards it.

Now, if only there was a crash course for people to learn about what needs to be eliminated from their browser's, there wouldn't be any issues with not being able to talk trains through cyberspace.

Keep funding that steam addiction.

Back on topic, has anyone had anymore trouble with the SE Lounge?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
All,

The lounge is now working again. According to Ferd Mels, it was a server crash. It now works again. Whew! I'm sure glad I didn't have to get a new browser for all my computers....LOL. :_)

Carl Malone

1 - 14 of 14 Posts