G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Aristo-Craft BN SD45 pushing the snow plow car, and pulling a single hopper car for carry battery. I running on battery powered without remote control! Just for fun playing on the snow.

The video was tooking Feb 2007.

That video was taking Dec 2007. "The last minute the snow plow car derail near by the tunnel. Ice build-up on the track it cause derail the snow plow car."

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Don't want to think about snow!

I'm not wearing shoes yet.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Torby, you may not be wearing shoes because you have on either hip waders or your swim trunks.... Hope the water goes down soon for ya'

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Treeman: He He He i been looking for that video on my computer storage hard drive disk. PS i send back your email yesterday

Torby: Are you wearing a socks for the snow yet? Not shoes, socks.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Noooooo.. I am soooooo not ready for winter.. Gimme a few more months of temps in the 80's...

Bryan.. will I see you at Dean & Ann's on Saturday?

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ron Senek: i will wait for few month new snow for fun & the new video. I cant wait snow storm get here./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

Dave: are you crazy???? I;ve had enough of these 80's! hehehe Yes, I will be there buddy at Dean & Ann's on Saturday. See you there!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Unless I am completely immune to understanding electricity, I think the loco in the snow is battery powered. If not, how is shorting out prevented from the snow providing the short circuit between the rails?

Translation: ALL snow and rain depictions of garden railroad locos running are on battery power -- accurate? Duh?

Wendell

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
I run track power all the time , rain and snow, and have never had an issue with shorts. (Well, not true, I wore shorts in the snow one and had real problems but that's a story for another time and place.)

Even if submerged, I don't think we run enough "juice" in DC to really cause a problem with the conductivity/resistance of water. Drop a rail across the track, then yeah, that's a problem. Snow, ice and water... I've had no problems.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did run on snow with track power. The problem on snow you will losing your power on train speed because under the locomotive the ice &snow will push the locomotive off the track will cause losing power. I like about battery powered it fun. I never having any problem with battery about "Dirty track, losing power, or anything" locomotive is keep on going on snow.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Na track power will work in the snow. You'd have to be careful that ice doesn't freeze on the rails and insulate the wheels. There'll be "leakage" but not enough to bother the power supply. Also works fine in the rain.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
What do you use for your battery? Looks like a DeWalt battery. I use Burgular Alarm batteries. 2.2 to 4.5 amp hour batteries depending on grades.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tomplatten: i use 14.4 Volt Dewalt battery. I can use any kinda brand of battery connection to the locomotive easy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts