G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden the screen size is too large for my monitor.

What has happened?

I have to scroll to see the entire message.

John

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
John

Beats the heck out of me, what happened /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif:D

On this topic that you've just started or on some other (if other, which one, Forum name & Topic Title)?

What browser and version are you using?

If using MS/Internet Explorer as your browser, have you modified the Accessibilities... option of Ignore font sizes specified on web pages?

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't understand these computers.

Now everything looks okay.

I am using Internet Explorer.

I do not know how to answer your other questions.

But it seems to be fixed now so I guess you can ignore this.

Thanks for the help.

John

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
You will have to scroll across a message if someone posts a picture in it that is too wide. Once the moderators reduce the picture to a link, your screen will return to the preset width.

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
It is also happening because the special text some people are choosing..
for some reason (and this shouldnt really happen..but it does) the big colorful text seems to make the page wider.

im going to test it with a reply..right now, this thread is not too wide, it fits on the screen.

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
ok..this is a test..the text SHOULD wrap, even with a "special" font size chosen..but it probably wont..im going to just insert a bunch of random text here. For me, it all began sometime in the 1970's.. I don't recall the exact year, but I was probably around 8 to 10 years old, so it was the late 70's. One day I was at Tioga Gardens with my family, and I saw Venus Fly Traps for sale! Like all 10 year olds, I thought it was the coolest thing ever and I had to have one! and I got one! I remember trying to feed it bugs that summer..it died after a few months.. which probably also happens to all 10-year olds with their first VFT.. I didnt have the slightest idea how to take care of it.. no books, no internet, no nothing..oh well..they must just be hard to take care of. It was cool while it lasted.. Flash forward to 1994..when the CP adventure really begins! Im now 25 and had just moved to Rochester, NY for my first "real" job after college. I remember watching something on TV with my roomate Rob.. somehow, and I dont remember how, the subject of Venus Fly Traps came up.. Rob said "I had one when I was kid, but it died" "me too.." I said.."It would be cool to have one again".. "yeah, it would" said Rob.."wonder where we can get them?" and that was it! the seed was re-planted in my head, and I got my first Sarracenia and my 2nd VFT that spring.. and I have been obsessed with them ever since. I checked the Rochester library, and they actually had a few books about Carnivorous Plants! I was honestly amazed..those books taught me how to actually cultivate CPs properly! Information that was unavailable to me when I was ten years old.. Carnivorous plants are not difficult to grow..you just need to know what they need. For VFTs and Sarracenia, they need: 1. bright sunlight outdoors. 2. the correct growing medium. 3. pure water (distilled, reverse osmosis, or rain water) 4. a proper winter dormancy. thats basically it! (For tons more detail on those 4 items I highly recommend this website , this book and this discussion forum. ) 1994 - Year 1 Outside on the porch roof at Barrington Street.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Scot

Most of the time what I find causing the problem are the very long URL's that individuals include in their replies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts