G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, it's me, Cuhail. I'm the guy that's going to scratchbuild the EMD Blomberg B trucks pretty soon. The biggest difference between what you guys do and what I do, is, I make static models. My big scale models don't go on a layout, indoor or garden, they usually go on a shelf. There are advantages and disadvantages when comparing the two (static or dynamic). With static modeling, short-outs and current mean less, derails are rarely a problem and I never get it stuck in a tunnel.
But, with static modeling comes other challenges. Like, I can't leave it all buttoned up and just imply that the guts are in there. I have to actually build them.
So, I designed and am building a fictional, post-apocolyptic, Railtank. Powered by a V-10 turbocharged diesel.

It still has a lot of plumbing, wiring and ductwork for the intake to go, but, I thought I'd show what I have done so far.

In progress....
The block...

....and stuff

So, that's where I am so far.
Just thought I'd share.
Cuhail

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lemme tell you guys, there's a long way to go on this. As you can, hopefully see, I'm going to build the room around it. That's 5 (6) walls full of electrical equipment, conduit and plumbing. Where the floor is cut open there will be a perforated steel "walkway" on each side of the engine. See through to the pipe routing underneath such as oil lines and hydraulic lines. It'll be on hinges, so, access can be had of the "stuffin's" under there. The rack with the oil tank and such at the back of the motor is on the workbench as we speak so I can account for space. I need that to plan the back of the vehicle.

I'll post more as I go along.

Thanks for looking!
Cuhail :cool:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yes be interesting what the final outcome, I'll watch from the sidelines as this takes shape. A friend of mine does warhammer and was interested in me scratchbuilding a 1:48 Armoured train. May give it a bash in the near future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts