G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Nope, no car or loco. Just plugging my way through this. Seemed straight forward enough to do.
I figure if it stinks, I'll just go Adams family with it! I always wanted to blow up the bridge!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Joe - it definitely does not stiNk yet!!!!!

Flower would be for close up, same as mine!!

So the secret to 'making' or rolling now comes to mind the screens..I need some for My SD60T loco, not to the screens yet!!

Dirk - DMS Ry.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Geez, I'm really humbled. There's not much to tell as I just started them. #70 mesh run through my hand corrugator thing from the craft store. I'm going to build frames for the mesh so they look like the current model's screens.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Backing up some more......

Where does the #70 mesh brass screen come from also?

obviously in some sheet size...

I had obtained some coffee filter strainers to remove the mesh screen from to re-purpose into loco screens...

But what you got going looks way better!!

Dirk

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Funny I could not place it, put someone else here used the same Fisker's crimper for metal siding, now I 'member...

The screens on the M-2 are pretty much the same as most locos also!!

And what I'm after!! THX again Joe!!

And I'll check it out Craig,THX also!!

Dirk - DMS Ry.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Steve, thanks for directions ..

I was hoping to find a way to have a link in the signature area - usually at the bottom of a post and also is there a way that is 'auto-matic' for each post made..? How about adding a picture in the signature area?

Dirk

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Dirk

Since you're a Standard MLS member, you won't have all of the tools available in the Rich-text/HTML editor that a 1st Class member has. So if you run into trouble getting accomplished what you want, Post an example of what you are trying to do and I'll help out, because the Signature: field only accepts HTML code to accomplish anything other than straight plain text.

If you populate you Signature field in your MLS User Profile (see below), then that signature will be placed at the bottom of each reply you post. Please stay within the posted guidelines for signatures.
[*] 4.0 - Signatures & Avatars:
[*] 4.1 - Signature images are limited in physical size to a maximum of 500 pixels wide by 120 pixels high.
[*] 4.2 - Signature images are further limited in file size to a maximum of 25 kilobytes.
[*] 4.3 - Signatures with an image 100 pixels or more high are limited to one line of text above or below the image.
[*] 4.4 - Members are asked to voluntarily refrain from using animated gifs in their signatures (this one also applies to Avatars).
[*] 4.5 - Blank lines above and below the sig should be eliminated.
[/list][/list] The easiest way is...
[*] Have two browser windows open.
[*] One to the 'Signature' text area.
Forum Tool-bar > My Profile > My Settings > Forum Preferences > Signature:

[*] The other to this topic.
[/list][*] Open the HTML editor like you're going to create a new reply.
[*] Then in the content area compose what you want in your signature area in the content area.
[*] Once you get everything the way you want it.
[*] Use the 'HTML' button located just below the lower-left corner of the content area to change the view mode from 'Normal' to 'HTML'.
[/list][*] Then select all the HTML code and copy it.
[*] Switch browser windows to the one displaying the 'Signature' text area.
[*] Since you've already got something in the 'signature' make sure that you select all of it (i.e. {Ctrl+A}) before going to the next step (otherwise you'll wind up with what's already there plus what you're adding).
[*] Paste the copied HTML code into the 'Signature' text area.
[/list]

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Now your cooking Joe, great shots also BTW!!

Still nice work up close!! Easier to see stuff too, since some of us will be following in your foot steps ...soon!!

Lead on..

I did some more photo cruising today and confirmed;... again, that the deck height for a SD90Mac & SD70Ace are the same.!! So I will have to dig out my spare 90 frame parts and throw them together for a Ace frame. The Ace deck sits on top of the I-beam frame, matching the decking on the middle and rear sections of a 90 frame!! This will be a BIG Plus to building both series locos, using the same design frame and shared parts. With a frame - trucks - couplers - and related end plates, a tank is the last piece for the rolling chassis for an Ace!!! In 1/29 that is!!!

So what direction will you go for a frame in 1/32 Joe?

Dirk - DMS Ry.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Well, the frame is a flat, thick piece of plastic right now. I'm planning on attaching pilots with steps to either end and filling in with plastic I beam. I'll have to establish the correct ride height first and may have to correct the I beam height for truck swing.
I believe I've read that the cab is the same on the SD90 as the ace!!! That will save a step for me down the road.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts