G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Now that you are that far Joe, how does your cab compare to the CN cab you bought?

Seems that the nose is a bit longer than on a CN unit.,... ey'!!

You'll get me cutting plastic soon; let's see clean off 2 work benches, find time, wait till it cools down, install a cooler in the shop, fix the band saw, work on Matt's DDA40X, work on My layout, work on the SD90 loco - OH here we are,... under - build a 70ACe frame!!!!!!!!!! that's it! And a bunch of cars to paint...........

I'm sure I must have 'left' time in here somewhere, if I could just find where I left it!!

Dirk - DMS Ry.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeap, I went downstairs to grab an O scale model to guide me!
I have a bunch of projects and they got moved to the backburner now that I've got some plastic!
The biggest difference I think, is the nose is much higher. Joe

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
You've got me thinking now Joe!!!

Between a bashed up 70 cab ......

OR

Cutting plastic for a cab.....

1st try is mostly a proof of concept anyways!

Any added work this long weekend from you?

Dirk - DMS Ry.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I filled in the nose area where there's another angle..... I added holes for the sand filler pipes...... now I'm cutting the sides of the long hood. There's a grill on the long hood behind the cab up high near the exhaust.. I can't tell what's behind it... some kind of shape that looks like a crown???? I'm thinking it's the way the side is cut for airflow???

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
USA on the dynamic brake (1/29), the reg fans are Aristo just sitting in until I make some. I have a nikon if I could just figure it out. I'm trying to show the whole engine in 1 pic. What should I take a close up of? Something you'd like to see better? I think the picture size reduction ( to meet the rules), changes the quality a little? The top pics look better though?

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I have an older Nikon - Cool Pix 8700 - that has a 'close-up' dept. to get real close to stuff, like 3/4" from a lizards face. I use it for lots of my model work shown here..

So get the cam up and running and I'll get you pointed at what I think I'd like to see - closer - of your great work!

Dirk - DMS Ry.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts