G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi eddie,
Yes, 2 mabuchi-motors are enough to pull one person. The loco can pull me 82kg on a cart.

·
Registered
350 Posts
You know, I really feel sorry for new members who come on this thread and don't know about all of the wonderful paper models an the old thread in the archives. Shad, or someone, this would be a great thread for someone who knows how, to compile all of the old posts into a single new one so we don't lose this history.

·
Registered
40 Posts
wow thanks ituncle you just got me started om my next experiment
can it be just connected to the axles or does it need some sort of gearing?
thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
Posted By CCSII on 02/07/2008 1:30 PM
You know, I really feel sorry for new members who come on this thread and don't know about all of the wonderful paper models an the old thread in the archives. Shad, or someone, this would be a great thread for someone who knows how, to compile all of the old posts into a single new one so we don't lose this history.

No worries. The original multi-page, mind-blowing thread can be found here.

Later,

K

·
Registered
350 Posts
If you are new to this web site and don't know what is going on in this thread, click on the "here" in the above message.

Have a nice cold drink handy and about twenty minutes to peruse some incredible model making.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
ituncle,
I have followed your post from the start and have passed it on to others for inspiration. Your work is outstanding to say the least. Please keep showing your work and if it's not too much trouble,may I ask you to do a step-by-step with photo's for those of us who would like to at least try your methods for ourselves? Again thank you for the post and inspiration that you provide.
Dave

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi dltrains,
Sorry to have kept you waiting. Let's go to the main point.How to make scatch power traction which can pull one person on the cart. Let's collect various parts to build it.
**** Parts list for a powerfull power traction ****
1. 4-speed crank axle gearbox item 70110  2box     540yen a box
   TAMIYA   www.tamiya.com
2. MABUCHI MOTOR FC280SA 12V USE          2         70yen a motor
3. Bush                                   4        430yen a piece
   Rainbow products 045-261-1358 Japan 
   www.powers-rainbow.com
4.Aluminum pulley                         4        770yen a piece
   diameter 40mm   inside diameter 3mm
   Rainbow products
5. Moter hold                             2        170yen a piece
6. Wood    95mm*45mm*45mm                 1
           215mm*30mm*9mm                 2
           72mm*24mm*24mm                 2
           30mm*60mm*15mm                 2
           17mm*13mm*13mm                 2        600yen
7. other      wire   adhesive etc.

Step1    Assemble gearbox gear ratio 1:441
Step2    Attach gearbox to 95*45*45 wood each side
Step3    Attach motor to 95*45*45 wood with 30*60*15 and 17*13*13 wood using Motor hold
Step4    Assemble all parts as photo follow
Any question is welcome./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif
                          (continue)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi everyone,
How to assemble very powerfull scratch power traction. It's easy.Do not forget to put antimony weight 4kg on the loco.A weight costs 1638yen. Make two tractions. Over 8kg in all. 5inch gauge OS Rocket's weight is  9kg.The loco's weight needs over 8kg to pull a person.Wind a rubber around a wheel to prevent slip.  

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Jerry,
Attach Mabuchi motor FC280SA 12V USE 70yen to the wood   like pic below.Do not use a little small motor in the gearbox set because of powerless.Use FC280SA 12V USE.Any more question is welcome./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Thank You Ituncle,
Copying as you go. Looks like Jerry might try this too. So far instructions are pretty clear
Dave

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi g-gauge 45mm electric locomotive live enthusiasts,
As you know to see the pictures shown before , the place of the motor is changed from A to B according to the replacement of the moter from small one to big one. So I mount the new moter FC280SA on the wood chip. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi everyone,
*** Passenger car for g-gauge 45mm electric locomotive live ***
Parts:
1. Aluminum pulley  40mm 6mm    4
2. Shaft                 6mm    2
3. Angle   3*20*250             2
4. Ball bearing           6mm    4
Thrust shaft into ball bearing's hole.Put it on the angle.Fix it with wood chip.Assemble like pictures below.Distance from one axle to another is 160mm.Do not wind the rubber around the wheel.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts