G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Scratch Build a 1:20.3 scale 29'-6” Flatcar

7K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  punkin 
#1 ·
Many moons back, Wayne Spence from Australia wrote an article entitled, "Scratch Build a 1:20.3 scale 29'-6” Flatcar." It was supposed to be in four chapters.

There was a recent thread where someone was looking for a similar set of plans. Using Google, I was able to locate PDF's of Chapters 1 & 2, and the set of plans. I'd like to add this article to the MasterClasses and Articles Index. Did Wayne ever write the remaining two chapters 3 and 4? I couldn't locate them.

If anyone has the last two chapters, can they forward them to me for posting in the Index?

Thanks.

#6 ·
#12 ·
Okay, I just spent roughly four hours editing and reformatting the Main Index - a sticky topic near the top of the MasterClass and Articles forum, repairing broken links and other stuff that got messed up in the transition when the site was sold and converted. I also added, "Scratch-build a 1:20.3 scale 29’-6” Flatcar By Wayne Spence to the Index - Article and Plans. I then went through and clicked on - and verified - every link. Enjoy. :)

(You're welcome Mikey. ;) )

#14 ·
As I said on the Index thread, thanks, but it hasn't been just me. Many people deserve the credit.

BTW, there's a similar sticky Index in the Live Steam forum preserving articles of interest to that group (i.e. live steam construction, tuning, improvements to existing commercially available products, and maintenance).

#16 ·
Oh my...I had no idea this sort of thing is possible. I looked aroundthrough the pdf file and was completely blown away. That is some amazing craftsmanship. I wasn't aware that the little bits and pieces was something that could be purchased and certainly no idea people were building things such as this.

Thank you to all for this exchange. Very enlightening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.