G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that DH is behind us, it is time to start planning for running on Mike Moore's track at the trolley museum at Steamtown in Scranton. Rather than staying at one of the hotels up the hill on I-81, can anyone recommend one of the downtown hotels? Where do you guys stay?

Larry

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've never stayed in Scranton, but I can recommend the Sunday buffet lunch in the waiting room of the old Lackawanna hotel! What an incredible room.......... nice murals......... tasty food.........

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Where do you guys stay?
Settlers Inn, Hawley. Fabulous food and great ambience if you bring the wife. A long way if you don't !

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
We used to stay at the Rodeway Inn and Econolodge in Moosic. They are close to Terry's Diner but not the top of the line. I just made a reservation at the Microtel in Dickson City. I have driven by it before and it looks like an easy commute to the Trolley Museum on the Scranton Xway. Others stay at the Hilton or Lackawanna Hotel I have heard. I'm too cheap.
See you there Larry,
Tom

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Tom you coming down? Ill be there Fri and Sat. Bring some toys and goodies as last year. Need to make a reservation still. We allowed to run coal this year?

·
TDY to Earth
1,483 Posts
Jason

I suggest you ask Mike Moore the question directly. He only occasionally frequents MLS.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Larry,

I stayed at the Microtel in Dickson City last year and have a reservation there for this year. Right off the Expressway, new, and clean with reasonable rates.

See you there!

Mike

mocrownsteam
Hudson, Massachusetts

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Reservations are made for Fri-Sat. The Clarion is a mile away and they have a rate of 60.80 if you call direct and say you want the internet rate. Additional 10% with AAA.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. Llyn and I will be staying at the Microtel.

Larry

·
Lord of the Steam
615 Posts
Yup. It's getting close to that weekend! :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Scott,
Outstanding preview! Makes me really want to see the full length feature film when it is released. Also makes me want to attend, but wait; I am attending!

Here before you know it. Here's hoping the weather is suitable for travel.

Mike

mocrownsteam
Hudson, Massachusetts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Scott,

You missed your calling!

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Just a reminder that the timing for the President's Day Weekend Steamup has been changed a bit from previous years. Rather than running Saturday, Sunday, and Monday as in the past, this year we will be setting up the track early on Friday morning and running Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Mike Moore

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Mike--what is shutdown time on Friday?

Larry

·
TDY to Earth
1,483 Posts
From Mike - who is on business travel

I spoke to the Trolley Museum management today and things are still a go for running on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday next week. We will be able to get in the museum each day at 8:30 AM. On Friday and Saturday the museum will stay open until 5 PM and on Sunday until 4 PM. We will need to vacate the building promptly each day.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Is this upcoming weather event going to effect the steam up for friday? Looks like a good storm is going to effect the entire east coast from todat through thursday. I now Mike and others have to travel from the south. We could see 10-16 inches of snow out here and through the poconos.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts