G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heading up to Scranton for the President's Weekend steamup? I'm expecting, weather permitting, to be there Friday for set-up and Saturday.

Mike McCormack
Hudson, Massachusetts

·
Lord of the Steam
615 Posts
Mike,

Are you going to bring your Cuban "Costa Norte"? I'd like to get some better pics and video of it. If not, that's ok. See you there.

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I plan to be there Sat. and possibly again on Sunday.

Scott, I have some 1880's derrick car plans for you

Larry

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey guys I'd like to come up to this event but I've never went before. I would probably come up Saturday only due to work. What time do things get started on Saturday, how much track time is there and how do you get it. Where is the track set up? It has been a long time since I ran my mogul and I need to get the dust off it. Also would nice to meet some of my fellow forum members.

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
What time do things get started on Saturday, how much track time is there and how do you get it
Eric,
The Museum has a website (ecma.org) which says " During the winter months, January through April, the trolley museum building is open Wednesday through Sunday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The entrance is at 300 Cliff Street, Scranton, PA 18503 "[/i] There will be Mike Moore's large track and small track, and track time is doled out in 1/2 hour slots, with a sign-up board. (The small layout is often more readily available, if your loco will get round the tight curves.) Time on the large layout tends to be fully booked by noon. Clem will be there with his Warrior Run layout, which is used by the sparkies. Rog said he may bring the HOn3 RGSEast modules.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great thank you for the information.

·
TDY to Earth
1,483 Posts
The Electric City Trolley Museum on the grounds of Steamtown Nat Hist Site in downtown Scranton PA

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Scott,

Yes, I'll have 2-8-0 Costa Norte and Juraga Iron Co #12 an Aristo Mike converted to 1:20.3 Mike.
See you there for setup Friday.

Mike McCormack
Hudson, Massachusetts

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
the trolley museum building is open Wednesday through Sunday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
I just noticed Clem's flyer says 9am to 4pm. I wonder if they are opening earlier for us. I'll call and check in the morning. (The website is ectma.org - sorry!)

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Here's the scoop from Mike, who is bringing the tracks.

"... on Friday Feb. 17 to setup. Running will commence when setup is complete. I intend to start knocking down
mid-afternoon on Monday Feb.20.

The museum hours are listed as 10 AM to 4 PM. Usually, they let us in early but
they will want us out each day by 4 PM sharp.

The museum web site is showing that they expect to be running a trolley on
Saturday, Sunday, and Monday weather permitting."

Clem has confirmed that the Museum will be opening 9am - 4pm that weekend.
I recommend the trolley ride if there is any sun at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts