G Scale Model Train Forum banner

scranton PA steam up????

8K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Charles 
#1 ·
hi,

i was wondering if anyone knew if their was going to be a steam up in scranton PA this year, at steamtown or the trolley museum?

its usealy around presidents day weekend, if i remember corectly

i remember talking with some of the guys there and they said "you have a ruby? you should bring it down"

so who would i get in contact with to take my ruby for a run?

thanks,

Mike

#27 ·
Here is a video of part of the meet. There is a lot that I missed, including several K27s and K28s that Carl commented on. The final shot of the video is the new San Joaquin Daylight "neon" tail sign from Charles' post above.

Thanks go to Clem (and Mike and Mary) for organizing things, to Mike Moore for his two tracks, and to Scott MacDonald for binging his track and spending most of two days helping visitors understand how our live steamers work.

Best regards,

Alan

#28 ·
Thanks to all who provided the track . Good company and a good time ,this was my first run on a large indoor track and my K ran great. just a little disapointed that there was only one half hour time slot left after all the travel but next year I will stay over and do 2 days. thanks again to all those involved. Rick Rubino

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.