G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i was wondering if anyone knew if their was going to be a steam up in scranton PA this year, at steamtown or the trolley museum?

its usealy around presidents day weekend, if i remember corectly

i remember talking with some of the guys there and they said "you have a ruby? you should bring it down"

so who would i get in contact with to take my ruby for a run?

thanks,

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
There will be quite a bunch of us from here. It is both Saturday and Sunday. usually opens I think around 9am till 4-5pm. Mike Moore will have his portable tracks there, Tom Boldler may be there with his track. There will also be an electric track owned by Clem of Warrior Run. Runtime is based on time slots, you can sign up for 30 min slots.

More people will probally post here on if they will be there.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I don't know what happened to my post, but the answer is yes it is President's Day Weekend. COME ON DOWN and run your Ruby Mike. Plenty of guys to help you out and etc. Bring water, erl, and fuel and have fun.
Noel

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Jane and I will be at the Trolley Museum Saturday but not bringing our portable track this time. We have a special visitor arriving Sunday so have to be home then.
Usually Mike's big track has the sign up board but the smaller tracks don't. Perhaps we can persuade Scott McDonald to bring his track to supplement Mike's for the smaller locos. Ulterior motive time; I'd like to see how Scott built it.
See you there,
Tom

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Errr... Jason, I wouldn't arrive too early.  But you can come on Monday, too.

As your holiday guests are “Rediscovering Scranton,” be sure to tell them about the Electric City Trolley Museum. This organization will be hosting large-scale train displays Presidents’ Day weekend, February 17-19, 2007 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. During this weekend, the Pennsylvania Garden Railway Society and Warrior Run Loco Works will be on hand with feature exhibitors. Visitors from all over the country will visit the Electric City Trolley Museum Presidents’ Day Weekend. For more information regarding the Electric City Trolley Museum visit www.ectma.org.

Incidentally, that's from the Electric City website www.electriccityr.com. There's nothing on the Trolley Museum website, as usual. (I sent them a complaint!)

Warrior Run's layout is electric but usually runs battery-r/c locos, depending on who's there (in other words, track power is not always available.) I'm thinking of bringing my RYM EBT Mikado, unless someone else is bringing one?  I'll be there Sunday (sorry I'll miss you, Tom.)

Mike Moore (Aikenback Live Steamers) has the large portable live steam layout that you can see on the photos from Cabin Fever just last month. Bring your Ruby and ask someone where you sign up.  Not sure how the PLS gets involved.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
I went to one of these steam ups a few years ago, and it was great to see operating steam in Scranton!! (Oops! hope no one from Steamtown gets mad about that one!)

·
Lord of the Steam
615 Posts
Perhaps we can persuade Scott McDonald to bring his track to supplement Mike's for the smaller locos. Ulterior motive time; I'd like to see how Scott built it.

Sure - I can bring it up!

Scott

·
Lord of the Steam
615 Posts
Packing the car tonight! Small track, small table, GS-4, Zephyr Live Diesel, Glaskasten in a box (needs work), Roundhouse Forney, Cricket, Regner Konrad and I think thats about it. Should be up in Scranton by 1:00 pm on Friday if I get away on time. See ya'll there!

Scott

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Quite a load Scott,
Jane and I will arrive Friday evening and see you Saturday. I'm bringing three Regners; Willi disguised as a Falk, Konrad Cab Forward with animal park tram and Lumberjack sewage works loco... maybe too whimsical for some. Looking forward to seeing friends who chose Cabin Fever over Diamondhead.
Have fun,
Tom

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Hi, all - I'm driving down to DC from MA on Sunday and think it might make a great stopover. I'd love to bring my 2 cyl Shay with me - need I register with anyone?

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
All are welcome,
Bring your Shay along and I'm sure you'll get some run time. Generally there is not a sign up board for the smaller tracks.
Have fun,
Tom

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Jane and I arrived around 7:30 pm and went out to dinner where we encountered the Justin-organized group enjoying their meal and fellowship. We are excited about tomorrow's steamup and encourage anyone who plans to be in the area to attend. It is likely photos from attendees will be posted and we're sure a good time will be had by all.
Have fun,
Tom

·
Lord of the Steam
615 Posts
I've posted some pics from Saturday and Sunday on my Flicker Photo Album. Steamup still going strong today (Monday) but I had to come home early. Enjoy!

Scranton Steamup

Scott

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Scot,
Cannot find your flicker album. Could you post a hot link please. Hope you had a good time. Really missed it this year
Noel

1 - 20 of 29 Posts