G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Lazzy man method.
My very simple technique to boost scale on drawings isn't extremly precise, but it is sufficiently so for most of what we modelers can do:
I take a scan of the drawing at whatever scale it is. I take a given dimension on that drawing and calculate how may inches or cm it would be in 1/32 scale. ( IE the wheel base or lenght over buffers or couplers. I preferably use a long dimension rather than a short one like the track gauge as otherwise there can more easely be an error) then I use Paint to blow the immage at whatever that dimension should be. Once I obtain that I make a test print, to see if the dimension on the screen matches the printed dimension (sometimes it doesn't) and if it doesnt I compensate by adding a few percent or substracting a few as necessary until it fits the dimension I want to obtain. For long things like a 85' coach I print in sections which I then past together. This crude method works very well and is sufficiently precise to build gauge one rolling stock to accurate dimensions.
Get to the workbench!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts