G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,440 Posts
Are there motor blocks you might recommend I should use
Take a look at the Hartland ones, which are in quite a few models so you should be able to find some.

And note that our wheels have larger flanges. If you use scale wheels (e.g. 28" over the treads,) then the oversize flanges may cause clearance problems with bodywork, etc. It might be better to use slightly undersize wheels so the overall outside diameter over the flange is the same as the scale size.

·
Premium Member
6,440 Posts
It's by far the best vector drawing program.
It's your personal preferred drawing program, right? I use Visio, which is now owned by Microsoft. This EBT M-1 drawing

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Slope

was exported as a DWG file and sent to Alan at G.A.L. He laser cut the model parts. (Yes, that's a lot of rivets. About 1,000 each side. The laser cut the holes - we had to apply the rivets!)

·
Premium Member
6,440 Posts
I was around when the purchase was made, programming. 22 years ago....
Well, I had a copy pre-MS, so I was around too. ;)
I'm surprised you draw in Visio,
If you right-click my EBT M-1 drawing and "Open it in a new tab" you will get the option to enlarge it to original size. Then you can appreciate all the rivets I drew and aligned. :cool:

The feature I really like is being able to place a photo in the background plane and then draw on top of it. A great way to get the dimensions right!

Train Motor vehicle Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts