G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Larry Mosher hosted an afternoon run on Cape Ann Rail so we could go into dusk and get better photos and use lights. He also wanted to show off Cape Ann Light

PDLX leasing train pulls out of Salem yard with a mixed freight. Both owners, Dave and Paul, are here overseeing operations.

Here PDLX stops blocking the main (without letting the dispatcher know) to pick up more freight.
You can imagine the comments from the other train crews.

Stock in PDLX plummets after a derailment and fuel spill.

Just kidding… Nothing spilled during the derailment

Cape Ann Lighthouse at night

This is a shot of Larry’s Visitors Yard.

Here is a story with photos from Suleski Transportation.

It was a great time and Larry is a great host.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great photo's Scott. Enjoyed the evening session very much. A big thanks to Larry for putting up with all of us!! LoL.

PDLX shop crews have determined a large build up of rust on the couplers and wheels caused the BN photo special tank car derailment at Beverly Yard. Funds are not available at this time for repair and damge was exssesive so it will be moved to the deadline and scrapped on sight.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Nice photos and stories, Scott. Good to see that you guys were running some trains up there!

That lighthouse is very nice. Do you know any info about it? Looks a little bit like the ones I saw at the ECLSTS last year.

Mark

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Hey Scott,

As usual, nice shots and story line.

The host was as gracious as always and we all had a great time.
The late session worked well and proved to be visually interesting.
Good thinking on behalf of Larry.
Larry, thanks again for hosting a terrific time that was enjoyed by all....except maybe Paul.
Might be time to limit tonnage arriving from the South Shore.;-)

I wonder how long PDLX will be around.
Wonder if Larry will continue to allow wheels as rusty as some of those to be run on his railroad.
Too much polish and not enough maintenance on that road.
It would not surprise me to see DHLX spin off and become it's own Corp. ;-)

Tom

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark - Larry had that custom built, I don't think it was the guy at the ECLSTS, but I'll ask incase Larry doesn't see this. I know he is really busy with the Tree Business. All the towns are "Raising the Canopies" along their roads in expectation of a hard winter.

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Scott,

Not a big deal, just a nice looking lighthouse!

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Larry,

Very cool! Checked out his website, the lighthouse sheds were really cool!!

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts