Dave, I had some Elmer's Glue-all, and diluted it with water, half and half, and added a bit of dishwashing liquid, brushed that on, and sprinkled on the sand. Then I went to move my Wonderful Lightweight Module, and discovered that it wasn't lightweight any more! I've left it outside for the night (no rain in the forecast, and the humidity is low) to dry thoroughly. Tomorrow morning, I'll tip off any loose sand, and then lay track on the right-of-way that I did not add sand to. I got some stuff called 'Safety Absorbent' from Pep Boys, and that will be the ballast. It looks like it will be really nice. But the next time that I do this, I'll skip the Glue-all and just sprinkle on the sand when I paint, as you suggested. Sure would save time (and money)! Thanks for your reply.