G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks i guess its official

San Val is closed. 

Drove by to see if anything was left, they were clearing the building out and had a sign up sayin "store is closed", which I verbally confirmed with a guy moving stuff there.

Thats that!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Bummer. I ordered a lot from them.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Sad to see another good railroading source go out - but there is some good news /Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/Fck/FCKeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/regular_smile.gif- their eBay auctions are still alive and well - log into eBay and search for ana.kramer (be sure the name includes the period between ana and kramer).   They have always had a good auction variety and I suspect that some of the brick-and-mortar store items are now going to find their way to eBay (just a guess but probably a good one /Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/Fck/FCKeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/lightbulb.gif).

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Al just retired from the retail scene, and faded away into ebay from home. Lot less hassels, and overhead right Al????????

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
I  heard so many good things about them.  I was alwasy going to go there when I went to THE BIG TRAIN SHOW.    But somehow I never made it

We always put off so many things.   Like not going to Marty's  ( achmmmmmmm Duncan)    The next thing you know  Your either gone or they are /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

I am so glad I can say   " I  have been to Howards":D

·
Registered
455 Posts
When i recently read about SanVal closing and Al off to enjoy semi-retirement     . .. sent him (and his crew)  a email  thnaking them for being there !

Also for the burgers the one time i was lucky enough to make it down for BTS !          It was also the same day I met  'GURU'  who shared with me (thru a photoalbum) his evolving rwy.    The burgers were fiinally ready afterwards.

I actually went bk to the shop on Monday as my plane did not leave from LAX till the p.m.   Found leftovers of sale items discounted even further   And i ended up purchasing my  2 38-2s from them  EVEN with shpg to my door (bags were full)   the final cost was same or lower than just     one unit  if purchased locally !!!     Wish I had bought a couple more  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

But I've subsequnelt purchased a few other items from  "akramer" thru ebay  and as stated in ebay feedback  quite happy with product !

later,
doug c

1 - 9 of 9 Posts