G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

a few years ago - after visiting San Francisco - I built the 1/24 scale Cable Car # 49. It was originally an Occre kit. Since I was not very satisfied with the kit, only the base plate, the roof structure and some cast parts are left.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now a few years later I'm building # 9. This time without a kit. I document the entire construction from the planning in great detail in my vlog on YouTube.

San Francisco Cable Car No 9 1:24

I would be happy if you like the videos and subscribe to my channel.

Here some pictures:

Best regards from Vienna

Manfred

·
Registered
91 Posts
Manfred. This is some spectacular work. Incredible attention to detail. I have watched some of the videos and they are first rate. Are these models going to be motorized some day?

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
If I hadn't read the post and looked closely at the photos I would have thought it was the prototype. The track was the giveaway. Absolutely gorgeous modeling

·
Registered
581 Posts
Mate, your model looks stunning and keep up with the progress reports. Love the level of detailing going into this model.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hitch, impressive as always. You use some sort of pad with the butane torch soldering. What make is that?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I imagine now it's done with slat wood and canvas covered? I seem to remember the slats from the last time I rode one. I'm guessing about the canvas. Perhaps rubberized?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Brilliant work mate, its work like this that continues to inspire and push my skills to the next level.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've been watching all of your videos - they are very well put together. I've been scouting ways to make my passenger car roof and seats - yours is the most applicable way that suits my modelling.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts