G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this email from Matthew (OV) early this morning, sorry to just now getting it passed on....

My dad, Robert E. Brown, passed away peacefully today at about 10PM ending his long battle with brain cancer. I was sitting with him in his room at Connecticut Hospice, while a good friend played the guitar for him when he departed. I will miss him terribly, but am glad that he now no longer suffers with the disease that took him from us so slowly, and know that we will see him again one day.

Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, support and help over the last 14 months.

Matthew R. Brown

cale

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
From my home to yours, our thoughts and prayers are with you amigo and take comfort in knowing hes walking with the King now

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Friends,

I haven't had a lot of time for trains or my computer over the last week, beyond the few mass e-mails I sent out about Dad's last days, and to read (but not yet respond to) the overwhelming number of notes offering condolences, support, and friendship in the few days afterward. Eventually, I'll respond to everyone who wrote me individually, promise ... but for now, please allow me to say thanks for all your support, kindness, and caring. The last month has been an odyssey ... and one of the greater challenges of my life. It's over now ... Dad is at rest, and all of us are recovering, and going through about what you'd expect. I will be heading back to North Carolina by week's end, and life will resume it's usual pace, the trains will roll again ... we will be "OK" ... but I know that I will miss him terribly. Dad got me started in trains, and model trains ... and most everything else I hold dear.

Again, thank you all for your kindness.

Matthew (OV)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts