G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone figured out a linkage that would work for the reverse lever? even relocating the pressure gauge, the force needed on that lever just seems too strong for any small servo to position reliably.

i figured out a nice little servo stack in the middle that will work throttle, blower and whistle, but that setup leaves very little room. guessing i won't have to mind bending over to change directions.

cheers...gary

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Gary
Jeff installed server for my S2 Johnson Bar. Maybe he will see the thread and tell you what he did, It may be in the delivery video that we did on the S2. Ill look at the PICS I took of the servos and see if it makes sense. He did say it was a little more than he had bargained for.
Gary I looked at the photos and they dont tell much, I do remeber though that the reverser bar connected and has some unusual play init to make it work. Jeff can explain it.
By the way it works great.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, i'm finally picking up the reverse servo in there and with the illustrations shown at the Aster site. at first look i thought that was the receiver at the top of the cab. can you give me the torque rating of the servos you used? they look a bit bigger than the ones i have, but for the throttle, blower and whistle; a very light duty servo seems like plenty.
appreciate the information.
cheers...gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts