G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,Have been waiting sense last October to be able to run in My back Yard. It got all the way up to 45 Degrees so what the heck,lets roll.Got out the Daylight and fired it up.You know it is great to have a Live steamer to run,and greater to have the track to run it on.Here is a link to todays run (Enjoy) Bobhttp://picasaweb.google.com/weltyk/Easter2008Daylight

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey Bob,  I too was out runnig today.  I had to push a plow.  I could only run on the raised track.  Before the Spring snow the main loop still had snow on it and it is too hard and deep to clear.

Here is my newest loco out on the track for the first time.

Here the plow extra is heading out to clear the wye.

You can see the new ckeck valve, inspired my MLS members, between the gas tank and burner. This run was both to try the loco on the track and test the check valve. 
Next project is to change the fuel / water tank over to a coal fired style.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good to see the GS-4 back in revenue service. I was planning on doing the same this weekend until Mother Nature decided Cleveland needed another 8 inches of snow! Oh well, there's always next weekend.
Don

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don,We have only had 72 inches of snow this season.They are saying it has been our 5th worst winter.And I do know that all the Snow that has Bypassed us had hit You.I can't Waite till Summer.And We can run when Ever We want.
BOB

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Bob,

Nice photos.   Who is the manufacturer of your Daylight cars - MTH ?  I have been looking for an affordable set that are nicely proportioned to pull behind my Daylight.

Dan

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dan,Yes they are MTH..Hard to find Right now.They are going to re-Run them may be this summer

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Thanks for the speedy response - Excellent!  :)       I could not find the corregated anywhere so I have ordered a set of the smooth sided.   They were originally due in Feb., but should be coming any day now... 

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan,MTH told Me july on the new Smooth Side passenger cars,If it is not delayed agan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts