G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

Does anyone have a Roundhouse displacment lubricator handy?

"LUB - Displacement lubricator" as listed on their website.

I am interested in the inlet and outlet fittings on the lubricator itself.

Also, what dealers should I try for one?  

Also, Accucraft listed one somewhere, ditto to the questions above.

Wish to replace the IP one in my Mamod which I placed in the cab Vs up front.  I could not get it fitted up front well, and I am not happy with it in the cab/footplate.

Thanks in advance-

·
Registered
210 Posts
The fittings on the Roundhouse Lubricator are a screw connection on one end and a coupling on the other. I assume they are a British thread connection . I got one from Sulpher Springs Steam Models ( http://www.sssmodels.com/) . It is listed in the Roundhouse parts listing on the website. I can't advise you further on the connection because I cut both connections off for use in a BAGRS model locomotive and didn't save the parts. Hope this helps.

Charles M SA#74

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Charles-

Yes, I saw the regluator listed there too, but thanks for the lead.

I am wondering if the threads are the same as the IP regulator?  I may ask a couple UK sources tho since yours are gone, but this info has me in the right direction.:)

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
As far as I know, all Accucraft threads are metric. There are various flavors of metric, btw, so not all metric fittings are interchangable.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Accucraft threads on the lubricators are 5mm dia by 0.5mm pitch [metric fine series]
Roundhouse threads are 1/4" dia by 40 tpi. [Model engineer thread form]

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Another possible solution....PM Research just recently came out with a smaller version of their adjustable dead leg displacement lubricator. It is a smaller 3/14"(#10)-40 ME and has a handy drain valve as well. A dead leg oiler MIGHT simplify your piping. requiring a tee instead of having to be spliced into the middle of the steam line... Dims are 5/8" in dia x 2" tall...yes, I have them in stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts