G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too much snow already for the plow but of course we had to make a video.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Looks neat. Snow must have been to wet. Packing if front of the roter . Later RJD

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Your going to brake something if you keep that up.
Man you must be retired to get all these things done on your RR.
BTY
Change that old blue plywood back drop out once and awhile..

·
Vendor
3,317 Posts
Great job, Ron. At what voltage are you running the drill motor? I have one that runs with 18 and it rotates right quickly. Problem with our snow in this area is that it is generally wet and will pack the front face of the plowed area. It would work wonderfully with dry, powerdery stuff.

Mike, I went to a vacuum repair shop and asked about an vacuum impeller. He went into the back room and brought 2 used ones out which he sold for $1 each.. :) :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Take a look at a real rotary snow plow. The center has a cone with two or three heavy "sticks" or bars (1 inch square or more and 8 or 10 inches long) sticking out at a right-angle near the tip of the cone that break up the snow right in the center and move it toward the impeller blades. At the corners, especially the bottom two, there is a curved ramp that guides the snow to the impeller to get tossed out instead of building up against the flat face of the housing.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stan it is 12 volt might try 18 but battery is glued in
Mike 4' covers the track. Have you checked out Rayman4449 web site he has dual blower that is neat to watch.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I used a Ryobi drill a cheap one. The batteries that came with it have long neck on them so switch out with a low profile one. The body stays on when charging because i put plug to charge in back. I also put a on-off switch under it. The battery operates the llight and smoke unit plus the drill.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thanks for posting Ron. Snowblower videos are always cool.

Don't you hate it when they bog down like that? I guess all the conditions have to be right for us to actually get them to work. Have you had a relatively successful test with it yet?

Raymond

·
Registered
938 Posts
Nice :)" src="http://www.mylargescale.com/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/smile.gif" align="absMiddle" border="0" />

I like what you are using for the housing, what is that from?

Raymond

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks good. You will have to cut a slot in the top, then try it out to see how it works. I tried mine out with sawdust to see how it worked but when putting it to snow needed to make slot bigger as the snow clogged up. Then just glued on piece of plastic to divert the snow from blowing straight up.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts