G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Train Sky Vehicle Rolling stock Tree

My wife and I were in central Pennsylvania this past weekend to attend the National Apple Festival so while in the neighborhood we visited the Rockhill Trolley Museum in Rockhill Furnace. It is right near the East Broad Top Railroad if you want to make it a doubleheader. Above is a St. Louis car, with a Brill in the background.

Furniture Train Window Vehicle Wood

The interior of the St. Louis car, complete with ads from the 1920s and rattan trolley seats.

Wood Fixture Wood stain Door Floor

When I was young I drove a bus for Public Service Coordinated Transport of New Jersey but I would have rather been a motorman at the helm of one of these.

Train Vehicle Automotive lighting Rolling stock Motor vehicle

When visiting my maternal grandparents' house in Philadelphia back in the '50s this line passed close by their house. The PCC types fascinated me because of their futuristic design. This immaculate one was in the carbarn at Rockhill.

Train Vehicle Motor vehicle Rolling stock Automotive lighting

I am planning to be in Southern California a couple of months from now with my family and hope to ride the trolley line in San Diego. It was surprising to see that the number1019 carset is now part of the Rockhill collection. It looks pretty new, but the curator said it is about 40 years old and has been retired to Pennsylvania.

For those interested, I was told that the trolley museum is open through October.
Check for info at www.rockhilltrolley.org

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pete, thanks for checking out my pics. It's always nice to visit a railway-related site when traveling. Pennsylvania certainly has a lot of opportunities in that department.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts