G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a bunch of items from Ridge Road station. When I checked the box, I found four items were not included although they showed on the shipping invoice.

I called RRS and explained which items were missing and they immediately shipped them out to me. I should get them in about five days. They did not question anything but apologized for the error and said they would correct it.

We see so many negative reviews of mail order houses, I just wanted to post this as a positive statement about RRS. I would gladly order from them again.

John

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Posted By steam maker on 05/08/2008 9:31 AM
Ridge Road is a great place to shop, and they have good prices. I also had good luck with G scale Junction.
Joe

G scale junction is worth the visit. In the middle of nowhere, about 15min from where I used to live tho!

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
I only have good things to say about Ridge Road Station.

The only problem is that this page isn't long enough.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I'll put a good word in for Ridge Road Station as well :) - their prices are competitive & they ship promptly. Great people to deal with!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif Tom

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Posted By Spule 4 on 05/08/2008 4:31 PM
Ridge Road is a great place to shop, and they have good prices. I also had good luck with G scale Junction.
Joe

G scale junction is worth the visit. In the middle of nowhere, about 15min from where I used to live tho!

Ridge Road is ALSO in the middle of nowhere! LOL! Outside of Rochester and Buffalo not too far from Niagara Falls either.

Chas

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Posted By wchasr on 05/09/2008 8:05 AM
Posted By Spule 4 on 05/08/2008 4:31 PM
Joe

Ridge Road is ALSO in the middle of nowhere! LOL! Outside of Rochester and Buffalo not too far from Niagara Falls either.
Chas

Ah, but on a paved NY state road, not a gravel farm road with a washout on one end!

Hope to make it to RR this year, have a plan to visit Rochester this summer.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I have always had good dealings with Ridge Road until today. I ordered some Garden Metal Models bridges and supports but they made a mistake and sent me two extra bridges instead of the supports. Invoice was correct but someone got careless in filling the order. They will make good on it but it does cost me a week plus delay and a trip to the UPS store to return the two bridges,they are paying postage of course.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I also agree. RRS is great. Good service, promp shipping nice pricing and customer service after the sale. I got my Bachmann K-27 from them, it was one of the first shipped and it was perfect.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Posted By Sourdoh on 05/12/2008 6:30 PM
I also agree. RRS is great. Good service, promp shipping nice pricing and customer service after the sale. I got my Bachmann K-27 from them, it was one of the first shipped and it was perfect.

I think you had better define perfect.

Did it not have loose counterweights?
Was the gear ratio 30:1 like it was supposed to be?
Is the fan blowing air the correct way around?
Did you get a sound system to work without making any modifications or additions to the socket pcb.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts