G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly, last Saturday, while running my kitbashed 1/32nd scale GP40, battery powered, with Revolution diesel receiver, which uses USAT NW2 motor blocks, the transmitter lost linking and the train became a run-a-way. It had been run successfully many times previously.
I noticed that there were two locomotive names [L-31 & L-49] that would show up when pressing the "T" buttons. My GP40 name and cab # would not show up. I went through the process of relinking the locomotive receiver. The transmitter indicated a successful linking. As soon as I tried operating the engine, the L-31 showed back up.
Through name search, my GP40 was listed, but could not be accessed with the T buttons again. I then also noticed that the L-31 showed "not linked." Finally, I saw that the wireless strength was only one bar even though I was only a foot or two away. What could have caused this and what can be done about it? I thought about reseting the transmitter, but with no signal strength, it didn't seem like it would do any good. I tried calling Navin, but only got the answering machine.
Jim Carter

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greg and Stan,
Thanks for your replies. This morning I spoke with Navin. We discovered that somehow when I had another club member hold the transmitter, that the SU/MU setting was changed to 31, from 00 that I had it on originally. With that correction, everything works again. I had tried resetting everything but the SU/MU.
Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts