G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
One great thing about DCC and DC power is any engine can run on most manufacturers systems. I run engines equipped with LGB, Zimo, Massoth, Digitrax, MRC, etc. decoders on my Zimo system, and on friends MTS or MRC, or NCE systems, plus all but the MRC decoders with relays work on DC track.
Battery operation OTOH run on any track anywhere, but if your transmitter dies, you need to hope the manufacturer is still making what matches your receivers as they are a matched pair. In DCC or track power, this is not a problem.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
if your transmitter dies, you need to hope the manufacturer is still making what matches your receivers as they are a matched pair.
Not quite. That's one reason I have been switching my steamers and battery locos to DSM2 TX and RX. I use RCS and Spektrum TX and I have a variety of RX that are compatible.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Hello all, and Happy Sunday.
After much reading about DCC and R/C I have done a 180 and ordered a RailPro system.

Thank you to Don Sweet who was very patient with me and provided lots of education in a couple of extended phone conversations.

I model mostly in S gauge, and this new foray into G gauge is to have a simple train layout in the yard for another level of train entertainment. The building part is also a rewarding experience, and could be even better if we were not in the middle of a 90* heat wave, LOL.

Thank you to all who provided me information and helped me decide which way to go.

I am hoping to see the system next week, and have now completed about 65' of my 80' loop. I will add some updates to my layout thread soon.
George

21 - 23 of 23 Posts