G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Iv'e been running trains for the last thirty one years. First Lionel, then LGB. My garden railway is 17 years old. I am one of those. You know,

those people that just sit back and let their trains run themselves. While I enjoy the effect from a smoking loco, I don't enjoy having to refill

the smoke unit every time a train makes a circuit or two.

I'm turning over a new leaf. It has been some time in the contemplating stage. NO MORE SMOKE. Use your imagination. Let's see how long this lasts.

It's just not enjoyable having to get up, interupt a conversation, stop a train and fill it's smoke unit. I have two locos that smoke well. An LGB

2076 Tank loco and an older Stainz. Most smoke units don't last. These two locos, however, have good smoke units, that have held up quite well.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw the post about them. Let us know about it when you get it working.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I had an American Flyer train as a kid, with smoke. I have been running large scale trains without smoke for 10 years now. Guess I don't need it. I think I tried using smoke on two different locos a couple of times, and neither one worked. Looks like too much trouble for me. Although,if you really want it, it sounds like there are some good smoke units available now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts