G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Premium Member
7,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As noted in the Public Forum, Accucraft seems to have finished updating their websites.

But more importantly, the "News" page ( Accucraft PRODUCT UPDATE page) includes some new data. The Mason Bogie, EBT #12, SP #8/9 and the Climax will be arriving 'Winter 2009'.

Yes, I know that probably means Summer 2010 - but at least they are now officially on the "Update" page!

· Premium Member
2,391 Posts
One thing that I would find VERY useful would be to see boiler volumes listed.

So far I have contacted every AccuCraft dealer I can think of - including a forum spnsor - and asked for the capacity of a couple of boilers and have been studiously ignored.

Is this information classified or something?

tac
http://www.ovgrs.org/

· TDY to Earth
1,500 Posts
Noel

I talked to Accucraft on Friday and they said that the parts page is GONE. So much of the stuff listed was not in stock it was pretty frustrating for the users. All parts requests end up with Cliff anyway, so the advice was to email or call and ask for him directly.

Personally, I think it is pretty crazy having a web site for Accucraft locomotives and brass rolling stock, another for 1:32 and 1:20 rolling stock in plastic [AMS], and another for the 1:29 [AML] product line. Worst of all, there are no links directly off the accucraft web site.

Interesting business and marketing model.

Regards

· Premium Member
7,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why did they remove all their 1:20 scale rolling stock

They didn't - the brass coaches are still on Accucraft's site. As Dwight said, the AMS Trains site has all the plastic and similar stuff, including the plastic J&S coaches. The 1/32nd scale diecast locos are on AMS, the brass/stainless locos are Accucraft, it seems.

And don't forget the AML site for "MUSEUM QUALITY 1:29 SCALE" stuff: [url]http://www.americanmainline.com/[/url] there are no links directly off the accucraft web site.

I emailed Cliff to request their web guy add some links.

· Premium Member
800 Posts
Jim,
On the accucraft web site, there is an AMS logo on the right of the selection bar that is a link to American Model Supply. On the left of the next row below it, is an AML logo that is a link to to that site.

· TDY to Earth
1,500 Posts
Carl

That is good news. Last night when I posted my comments, those link icons were NOT there. If you go to the UK Models page, it has a link to the accucraft UK site. Little fix, BIG improvement.

Regards

· Registered
902 Posts
So, what you have to do is search for some little icon to find the other sites, "an AMS logo on the right of the selection bar that is a link to American Model Supply, on the left of the next row below it, is an AML logo that is a link to to that site." When do you want your customers to have to go on a treasure hunt to find you. I asked today were everything was and what ai got was from Ada;
"Please note that we now have 4 separate website for each product line, with appointed product manager for each product line:"

Accucraft Live Steam
www.accucraftlivesteam.com
Jerry Hyde

Accucraft Trains
www.accucraft.com
Bing Cheng

American Model Supply (AMS)
www.amstrains.com
Ada Ho

American Mainline (AML)
www.americanmainline.com
Fred Devine

· Junior Senior Member
662 Posts
Just Checked. When you go to the Accucraft site (accucraft.com) across the bottom of the picture on the home page is a row of boxes. Each box is a link to that particular products page.

No it does not have what that line covers, but maybe you can't have everything

· Premium Member
3,000 Posts
huh..it seems Accucraft only makes one live steam locomotive:

http://www.accucraftlivesteam.com/

a 1/32 scale limitided edition Hudson..
I thought I read somewhere they made other live steam models too..guess not! ;)

(and Accucraft, if you are listening, you also need a link on that page back to the main page..right now there is no way to "get home".)

the new page is clearly a work in progress! :)
it will get there..(probably shouldnt have uploaded the new version before it was all done though..)

thanks,
Scot

· Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Scott
To take your point further...true to scale models are list as these:
United Pacific Big Boy 4-8-8-4
H8 Allegheny 2-6-6-6 NEW
EMD GP9 Diesel NEW

So does that make the other 1:32 models not true to scale. Seems there is no definition other than electric models are "to scale." The others in 1:32 are denoted as museum quality listing both electric and live steam. Very confusing as to their web layout and company presentation of their products.

· Premium Member
653 Posts
Apparently "True to scale" sounded like a better tagline than "Plastic stuff".

I guess most of us know that the Accucraft Trains line is the brass stuff (live steam & electric), AMS is the more affordable plastic and diecast line, and AML is the 1:29 stuff, but I can see how all this different branding could be confusing for the uninitiated. Like why for example is Accucraft Live Steam Limited (just the Royal Hudson at this point) separate from the other 1:32 live steam offerings? Why is the On3/On30 stuff (some of which is brass and stainless steel like the Accucraft Trains line) all lumped in under AMS? You'd almost expect it to have its own brand since practically everything else does. And there's no mention anywhere of "Silver Stream Series" that appears on the boxes of all the Accucraft live steamers I've ever owned, where does that fit in? I can understand that there are different divisions within the company and different people driving the various product lines, but the website design and usability consultant in me says there should be a better explanation of what the different divisions are all about, otherwise it just looks like a company with an identity crisis, and makes things harder to find for the consumer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.