G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier today the first trains of revenue service hit the rails on the newly expanded Lone Peak & Western Railroad.

Crewed by Engineer H.R. Simmons, Fireman Rudy Jones and Brakeman Jimmy Johnson a short consist of coal hoppers was picked up in Johnston City Illinois then delivered to the Peabody open pit mine near Harrisburg Illinois for loading. The hoppers were then moved to mainline traffic for delivery to the Port of New Orleans.

ICG #2269 picks up it's consist of hoppers near Johnston City.

ICG train JHN (Johnson City-Harrisburg-New Orleans) departs for Harrisburg.

Arriving at the Harrisburg, Peabody Loader.

ICG train JHN departing the Tunnel Hill tunnel on the mainline, southbound for New Orleans.

It's so nice to be DONE!!!!
Well, done with the basic setup anyway, I know the work is just begining with regards to structures and detailing. Nonetheless, I'm having great fun running trains now on a operational BIG layout.

Oh yeah.. Lunch on me for anyone who can find the musical reference in the above storyline... (Lownote.. ;)" )

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By Dave F on 08/13/2008 6:43 PM

Earlier today the first trains of revenue service hit the rails on the newly expanded Lone Peak & Western Railroad. . . .  

It's so nice to be DONE!!!! Well, done with the basic setup anyway, I know the work is just begining with regards to structures and detailing. Nonetheless, I'm having great fun running trains now on a operational BIG layout. Oh yeah..

I know just what you mean.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
RE: Revenue Service begins on StLouis division of the LP&W.

Nice pics and a nce story , and the IC is a PLUS .

The IC used steam locomotives on the Evansville IN branch till 1962 :)

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks Dennis. I have personal history with the IC/ICG, so it's a no brainer for me. Gotta have some late 60's mid 70's "Main Line of Mid America" in my backyard.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts

Looking gooood! Nice S.O.B. layout :) You should be able to get lots of good photos in the coming years with the raised benchwork. Are you going to add any plants/trees?

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Oh my yes, I have all sorts of plans for plantings and buildings.. All in due time.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts

Way to go!

·
Premium Member
364 Posts

So are you going to have one of the caboose made from a outside braced boxcar , homebuilts ?
And a Black diesel with the green IC diamond and white bottom stripe and high stripe ?

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

You betcha Dennis.. Planning on a few GP-7's and 9's in the "Proper Black" livery.

Also.. The Panama Limited in the Tuscan Brown- Orange w/ yellow pinstripe.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Hey, a big thanks to the Utah Garden Railway Society. I hosted our monthly meeting this morning and we really put the LP&W through her paces. One or two minor hicc-ups but all in all it ran very well.

Specific thanks to Shad, Manfred, Bryan and Derrill.

Y'All come back now, Ya-hear..

Huge Coal Train today as well..

·
Premium Member
260 Posts

IC, my favorite road name!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Ressurecting an older thread here to answer a challenge....

Recall I posted this

"ICG train JHN departing the Tunnel Hill tunnel on the mainline, southbound for New Orleans.

Oh yeah.. Lunch on me for anyone who can find the musical reference in the above storyline... (Lownote.. " ) "

You may also remember that ICG train JHN was a string of coal hoppers.....

It was..

Ahem..

Wait for it...

JoHN Coal Train......

Get it...

OK, I'll shut up now....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts