G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Motor Block to replace a 3-3/16" wheel base on a locomotive. Any ideas on a good replacement.

Thanks for any help,

Bryant

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diesel. It is for a 3d printed model of SW 1500 created by Daniel Noree. My wheel spacing from center of axle to center of axle is 3 and 3/16

·
Super Modulator
21,798 Posts
The most easily available quality block is the Aristo 2 axle block, which is now sold by itself from Bachmann. The wheelbase is 3.8"

Next would be maybe the USA Trains NW2 blocks, they measure 3.25" from my quick measurement. Don't know if they are in stock.

Greg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. What I was looking for thanks Greg. Looks like I need the NW2 blocks. I might be able to get by with the Aristo by Bachman. Will have to check.

·
Super Modulator
21,798 Posts
The USAT blocks have skates, but doubtful you will need them. Call the Charles Ro parts department to see if they are in stock. Parts are available, whereas I think you can only buy the block from Bachman.

Greg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I ordered a replacement USAT NW2 motor block on Dec. 02 from Charles Ro and the order still shows processing. I have called muliple times and have had grumpy old men answering the phone. Today I called and the grumpy old man said they have 800 orders and only 4 people to fill them. The main thing I am mad about is right on their website it says you are not charged until the order is shipped. My credit card says there is a charge from Dec. 4th from Charles Ro and the website still says processing. I called this morning, got the same grumpy man he said he would look into it and call me back and never called me back today. Has been over a week since I ordered and I was charged on the 4th and still says processing. I will never ever purchase anything more from Charles Ro. I will stick with ordering from Trainworld and or RLD Hobbies. No good customer service from Charles Ro. My wife in fact ordered me something for Christmas from Trainworld on the 3rd and it already is in my house waiting to be wrapped for Christmas. I would not recommend Charles Ro to anyone.

·
Super Modulator
21,798 Posts
People at Charles Ro tend to have long careers there and I would not burn any bridges, you will need parts some day!

Also, don't know where you live, but I live in friendly San Diego, and almost anyone on the East coast appears rude to us. Of course they think we are all spinless idiots.

Greg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think your great, I do live on the East Coast and I so far have ordered trains, accessories from about 5 different places and I go to 1 mom and pop store where I live. I have had great service from all of them until now. Just makes me upset when a website clearly says you will not be charged until the item ships. But yet they have charged me and the product still says processing, Then I call and a rude old man answers and complains they have 800 orders with only 4 people working on them. I am fine with everything but he never followed through on what he said, he said he would find out and call me back. That did not happen and they still charged me when they were not supposed to. And also USA Trains is one of the first G scale items I bought after having a Bachman 10 wheeler starter set for 10 years before moving forward on getting more G scale stuff. I opened the USA Trains SD 70MAC up out of the box and one of the motor blocks fell out. I called USA Trains Charles Ro and they said that happens sometimes and that I just have to open it up take it apart and screw the screw back on, they did recommend some sort of glue. But I am sorry when you buy something as expensive as G scale equipment it should not fall apart right out of the box. I have bought more USA Trains G scale from RLD Hobbies that has worked. I also bought a USA Trains GP7 from Entertrainment Junction and the lights did not work, so I called them and they took it back and exchanged for something else. That to me is great customer service. Paying for something and for a week not hearing what is taking so long, being treated rudely on the phone and the company not following their own protocol, that is not good customer service. Not sure how long they will take for me to get this one part, might just have to cancel my order. I am hoping the new Dash 9 from Bachman will be great, they are a great company to deal with. Have a lot of Bachman N scale and they always repair and or replace if they cannot repair per their warranty.

·
Super Modulator
21,798 Posts
Robby is a great guy. When he posts, notice the waterfall/lion head in the background. That's my front courtyard.

I met him shortly after he started his business and we hit it off right away. I agree completely on your assessment of customer service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea I have met him and talked to him a couple of times. Went to one of his open houses, great stuff. I will have to keep an eye out for one of his posts, Thanks,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts