G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I have an old Delton Doodlebug cadaver I picked up on Evilbay a while ago, body only, no soul (no moterblock/wheels/etc) and I decided to rebuild it as a combine with a closed end vestibule on the baggage side. I would like to rework the interior but cannot figure how to get the darn roof off, there look to be two brass pins holding it in place, but before I go knocking things around I figured I might just ask first before taking the hammer it. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thanks Jim, thats what I figured might be the case, I'll try that tonight, now to find the right pincer tool that wont damage the plastic body, they are really in there tight.

G

·
0 Posts
Use some that old oil you have around /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif
Toad

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Roof came off A-OK, no grease required, here's the work to date, I am using Harry Brunks C&S #20 combine from the book "Up Clear Creak on the Narrow Gauge" as an inspiration, this model uses the modified cab portion of the Doozie and some styrene, so far so good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts