G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Actually, you could get away with only the reverser. Most of the time the throttle can be set manually and the speed can be varied some with the reverser. That is exacly how I have my newest engine setup to run at Diamondhead this weekend. My Regner Sächsishe IVK is an articulated 0-4-4-0 that has two servos for reversing, two servos for drain cocks (both have one on each driver assembly) and one for compound / simple mode. I ran out of time or I would have added one for throttle and one for whistle. This engine is on the far end of extreme when it come to R/C, don't be scared off. My ruby I run with only one servo - reverser. On my geared engines and my Frank S, I do not use R/C at all.
P.S. I use the spektrum radio and have set up the Futaba Spread Spectrum on a friends Loco and the both work equally well. Some people prefer the name brand of th Futaba which has been around a LONG time, but many use the Spektrum.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.