G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Andrew,
I believe it is a kit only. There are two versions:
- an "authentic" one with correct fixed cylinders coupled directly to the wheels which is the more expensive of the two. This should be a fast model with moderate pulling power.
- a "simplified" version which uses a set of oscillating cylinders geared to the wheels. This should be a good running loco with lots of pulling power, comparable to their easy line models (Willi / Konrad / Vincent / Logger). The dual cylinder configuration adds the advantage of self start (compared to most easy line products).

A friend of mine is ordering one (geared version) and I have agreed to build it for her. I think the delivery is supposed to be sometimes this summer. I don't remember the price...

·
Registered
966 Posts
The loco was one of the first built in Germany. This particular one was the first in Saxonia, hence the name.
Regards

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
The "SAXONIA" loco from REGNER will be a limited single run! Delivery starting at REGNERS "30 YEAR aniversary PARY middle July 08!!!
Manfred Diel

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I had emailed Regner directly for a price.. Looking at about 2100.00 US This is the full valve gear version though. The osoliater was about 1800.00 Not that cheap.. compared to the Aster Lion

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Keep in mind The SAXONIAN is 1:30 scale!
Manfred Diel

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
The web site (or somewhere) mentioned that coaches would be available to go with Saxonian. Does anyone know what those coaches might look like, i.e. a prototype photo or something?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts