G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Regner has always grabbed my attention. I was able to use "Goggle translate" to view most of the website in English but not their 68 page catalog. Can the Catalog be ordered in English??

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I guess since its the only one in the market for this scale the price is not so bad. Locoparts offers some for 3/4" and 1.5" scale and they are around 1,000.00+ USD

I have plans for a single and a double I'd like to scale down to 20.3 to see how well it works. I fully understand the price after overlooking the drawings for the 1.5" scale ones.

Steve - the catalog cant be converted, and they have no plans for a english version. So they told me a few months ago as they also said to wait till Jan as the catalog will be available to download instead of ordering one. Been trying for over a year to get my hands on a catalog finally it happened.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Well, I have to say that the G 3/4 [better-known as 'Heidi'] looks VERY fine indeed - here's a few details to be getting on with...

RhB G 3/4 Heidi -

A 2-6-0 tank locomotive supplied to the RhB, later handed over to the Appenzeller Railway in component form, where two examples still are in steam today.

The G3/4 class locomotive, familiarly known as ‘Heidi, was named after the heroine of the popular movie of the same name.

The locomotive is fitted with a single-burner boiler with a flame-tube and four cross boiler tubes. The superheater is manufactured from stainless steel tubing.

The boiler is heated via two gas tanks, one cold and one ‘warm’, resulting in the ability to refill during a run and extend the run duration as long as you may desire to do so.

At least three-function R/C required to control - forward/reverse, cylinder drain-cocks and throttle. Additionally, with more channels one can operate a whistle and an uncoupler.

Two of the three driving axles are sprung, with the central driving wheel-set simply constrained to counteract a prototypical ‘waddle’. The pilot truck is also sprung and the model can negotiate Radius 2 curves.

Technical data:

L/B/H: 385/110/160mm
Weight: 3.8kg
Bore: 14mm
Stroke: 17mm
Gas-fired

Cylinder drain-cocks
Outside frames with counterweights
Wheels electrically isolated.
Gauge: 45mm
Scale: IIm/1:22.5

Order No. is 25800, and the price is eu2380.00

Hope this inspires some of you to think 'Swiss'!!

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I thought 'Fanny' looked interesting. I was going to ask if there was a prototype for it, but I've discovered there's a prototype for almost anything if you look hard enough.

It doesn't really matter, as the loco looks neat.

Konrad, Willi, (Lumber) Jack, Wilma, Vincent, Chaloner, Victoria, and now Fanny. I like them all.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
One of you guys new the Heidi was going to be the Jahresmodel for '09. Who knew that and how did you find it out? I NEED a long heads up in order to save up the coin (which I dropped all of down in Diamondhead).

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Dave, Manfred Regner told me of the plans for Heidi when I was at the factory last summer. There are also plans for coaches to go with the Saxonia 30 Years model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts