G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Wow, what a big range of STUFF.

Only wish this was in English of some form. I didn't learn enough German, as I was only stationed there for 10 months before taking a flight to the other side of the world.

I can fiugure out the prices and metric sizes but after that I am lost. It would seem that in this day and age the internet site would offer many languages to choose from so that they manufacturer could take advantage of the international economy.

Does anyboby know how to translate this for all to use here in the states?

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Posted By Shay Gear Head on 01/28/2009 1:59 PM
Wow, what a big range of STUFF.

Only wish this was in English of some form. I didn't learn enough German, as I was only stationed there for 10 months before taking a flight to the other side of the world.

I can fiugure out the prices and metric sizes but after that I am lost. It would seem that in this day and age the internet site would offer many languages to choose from so that they manufacturer could take advantage of the international economy.

Does anyboby know how to translate this for all to use here in the states?

Ken Johnson is working on translating it and putting it on his site.Train Department
But for my translating needs I use google language tools and also dict.cc for the words (lots of them) google gets wrong. Google will fill in the most common translation of the word when there is more than one translation. I forgot what the German word was when I was building my first Regner kit but google translated it "Steering Control Seaweed"; cracked me up.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Rod, it was a pleasure to meet you at Diamondhead. Thanks for all the tips and tricks, now to build a shield for the servos...

·
Registered
620 Posts
Dave,

Keep us informed when the translation is completed please.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts